Yield: 4 servings
Time: 20 minutes (plus rice)
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes (could use canned)
- 1 TBSP canola oil
- 2 TBSP mild curry paste (or 3-4 TBSP curry powder)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 20 medium frozen shrimp, peeled, deveined, (defrosted in room temp water rinse or overnight in fridge)
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 TBSP coarsely shredded basil plus handful finely diced for serving
- Juice from ½ a lime plus wedges for serving
- Salt and pepper if needed
- Naan or rice for serving
- Heat the oil over medium to medium high heat.
- Add diced pepper, onion, and curry paste (or powder).
- Cook until veggies are softening, about 5 minutes (turn heat down if browning too much).
- Add tomatoes, shredded basil, and coconut milk. Turn heat down to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn heat up to medium. Add shrimp and peas and cook just until shrimp turn from translucent to pink, 5 minutes or less.
- Stir in lime juice and taste. Add salt/pepper if needed (I didn't but it depends on your curry paste/powder and your taste buds).
- Serve over rice or with naan, garnished with lime wedge and diced basil.