Yield: 6 servings
Time: 15 minutes, plus chilling time in the fridge
- 2 bunches of asparagus (or try green beans)
- 1 TBSP baking soda in cooking water
- 1/2 cup organic Green Goddess salad dressing
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- Salt and pepper as needed
- Ice and water
- Bring water to a boil and add baking soda.
- Add asparagus and cook gently until just tender but retaining some crunch, probably no more than 3-4 minutes depending on thickness of asparagus stems.
- Drain and immediately place in iced water bath (submersed) for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain well and stir in salad dressing.
- Chill in fridge for at least an hour.
- Just prior to serving, remove from marinade, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and top with tomatoes.