Yield: 6 servings
Time: 1 hour (depending on rice)
- 1 cup rice mix (wild, brown, etc; or just wild rice or brown rice)
- 2 cups water or broth
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook rice mix per package directions (mine was 1 cup mix to 2 cups liquid, simmer for 50 minutes).
- When rice is cooked, stir in cranberries and cover for 5 minutes.
- Just prior to serving, stir in the pistachios, taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as desired.