I pan fried this mahi-mahi but I think you could spritz it with olive or other oil and bake with good results.
Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 10 oz. mahi-mahi (or other firm white fish)
- 1/4 cup Italian panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, chopped very finely in food processor (reserve a few unprocessed for serving)
- Olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Finely chopped Italian parsley for serving
- Cut out any blood line from fish and pat very dry.
- Sprinkle each piece of fish lightly with olive oil.
- Mix panko and chopped pistachios together and sprinkle each piece of fish heavily with mixture; press mixture firmly to adhere.
- Heat a thin layer of olive oil over medium-high heat in a non-stick pan.
- Cook fish 5-6 minutes per side, until just beginning to flake when pressed with spatula (don't overcook!).
- Remove from pan and blot off any excess oil.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, salt and parsley.