Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 center cut boneless pork chops (bone in would work too)
- 1 1/2 TBSP ground coffee beans, cinnamon flavor
- 1 TBSP ground cardamom
- 1 tsp ground chipotle chile powder
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed with back of knife
- 2 TBSP light coconut milk
- Salt and pepper
- Mix coffee, cardamom, chipotle, and kosher salt together.
- Very lightly sprinkle a drop or two of olive oil on both sides of pork chops, then generously rub the spice mixture all over both sides (save a small amount for garnish). Let meat rest at room temperature.
- Bring water to a boil and add cauliflower and garlic.
- Cook cauliflower until very soft, about 30 minutes; throw beans in last 2 minutes to heat, then drain and add cauliflower, garlic and beans to food processor with coconut milk, salt and pepper.
- Process veggies until very smooth.
- About 15 minutes before veggies are finished cooking, preheat oven to 425 degrees and heat a heavy oven proof pan (I used my cast iron skillet) over medium-high on the stove top.
- When pan is hot, sear pork chops 1 minute each side then place pan carefully in to the oven.
- Cook for 5-8 additional minutes in the oven, depending on thickness of chops.
- Finish cooking, drain, and prepare cauliflower while pork chops are in oven.
- Slice chops and serve over pureed cauliflower/bean mixture. Garnish with a few sprinkles of the left over rub.