Time: 25 minutes
- 8 large scallops. dried very well
- 2 servings of your favorite pasta (I used whole grain linguine)
- Peanut oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 1/2 cup minced sweet red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1 1/2 cups fat free half and half
- Juice from 1 large lemon
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Generously season the scallops with salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat, and add just enough oil to coat the bottom. Heat until very hot.
- Heat enough oil over medium high heat to coat the bottom of another pan and add the shallots, cooking for a minute or two until softened. Then add the red pepper and cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- While the veggies are cooking, sear the scallops 2 minutes per side (don't overcook, they should be slightly translucent in the center).
- Stir the pesto and half and half in to the veggies and cook over medium until warmed through and gently bubbling. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Combine the sauce and cooked pasta.
- Serve the pasta topped with the scallops.