Yield: 8 enchiladas (4-6 servings depending how hungry you are)
Time: 60 minutes
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tsp Thai curry seasoning (I used Baron's*)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped peanuts and more for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro and more for garnish
- 2 1/2 cups light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce, divided (adjust up if you tolerate "heat" and like things more spicy)
- Cooking spray
*contains sea salt, fenugreek, cardamom, coriander, cloves, cinnamon, mace, nutmeg, red pepper, cumin, turmeric, yeast and onion
- Poach chicken breasts in water and 2 tsp Thai curry seasoning for 20 minutes.
- When chicken is cooked and cooled, shred into fine strands.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil over medium heat and add the cabbage, carrots, garlic, remainder of curry seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook gently until softened, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add green onion, peanuts, chicken, 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce, and 1 cup of coconut milk. Cook until bubbling, 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro.
- While mixture is heating, mix together remaining sweet chili sauce and coconut milk.
- Spray casserole dish with cooking spray and spread 1/4 cup of milk/chili sauce mixture over the bottom.
- Using about 3/4 of the chicken mixture, fill each tortilla and roll up. Place in casserole dish, seam side down.
- Sprinkle remaining chicken mixture over the top of the rolled tortillas and then pour remaining milk/chili sauce mixture over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbling.
- Top with additional chopped peanuts and cilantro.