Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 16 large scallops
- 1 TBSP Olive oil
- ½ cup finely diced red pepper, plus few matchsticks for serving
- ½ cup finely diced sugar snap peas, plus few matchsticks for serving
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 TBSP fish sauce
- 1 TBSP finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 TBSP finely chopped fresh lemongrass (or 2 TBSP lemon or lime juice if lemongrass is not available)
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat cast iron or other pan over high heat and add olive oil.
- Season both sides of scallops with salt and pepper.
- When oil is hot and shimmering, add scallops (watch for splattering) and sear on each side, about 30 seconds.
- Remove scallops and turn heat to med-high.
- Add red pepper and sugar snap peas, sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, ginger, fish sauce, and lemongrass (or lemon/lime juice).
- Turn heat to low and add scallops.
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes until scallops are almost done (still slightly transparent inside).
- Serve over rice with sprinkle of salt and pepper and garnished with matchsticks of red pepper and snap peas.