Yield: 1 loaf (9x5 pan)
Time: 60 minutes
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup cake flour
- 1 ½ cups old fashioned oats (uncooked)
- ¼ cup sugar (plus more to sprinkle on top-optional)
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 TBSP cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup 2% milk
- ¾ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup macadamia nut oil
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup golden raisins
- Baking spray (or butter)
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 9x5 loaf pan with baking spray (or spread with butter) and line with parchment paper sling. Lightly spray parchment.
- Sift flours, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Stir in oats and raisins.
- In a second bowl, mix together the egg, milk, yogurt, oil and honey.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry, just to mix. Batter may be a little lumpy, that is okay, don’t over mix.
- Pour into parchment lined loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle top with sugar when removed from oven (optional).
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on a rack then remove from pan and continue cooling.
- Serve room temperature, warmed or toasted.