Yield: 4 servings
Time: under 20 minutes
- 1 medium acorn squash (about 12 inch circumference)
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 TBSP coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly grated black pepper
- 2 TBSP toasted pine nuts
- Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds and stringy bits.
- Wrap loosely in parchment paper.
- Microwave on high for 12-15 minutes until soft.
- Carefully, remove pulp and discard skin.
- Mash pulp with oil, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with toasted pine nuts.