Yield: 3 burgers
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey breast
- 3 large pieces of roasted red pepper
- 3 coins (about an ounce total) goat's cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1 TBSP canola oil
- Buns for serving (or large lettuce leaves for bunless burger)
- Condiments as desired
- Divide turkey breast into 6 equal pieces.
- Place a coin of cheese on top of the 3 pieces of red pepper.
- Place one pepper with cheese on each of 3 pieces of turkey breast and then top each with another piece of turkey breast.
- Form gently into patties, sealing the pepper and cheese inside.
- Salt and pepper liberally.
- Heat oil over med-high heat.
- Add burgers and cook about 3 1/2 minutes on each side until browned and turkey is no longer pink (don't overcook or they will be too dry).
- Serve on buns or wrapped in lettuce with your choice of condiments.