Yield: 4 servings
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups finely chopped potato (1/2x1/2 inch)
- 1 ½ cup chopped onion (similar size to potato)
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP curry powder (more if desired)
- 1 TBSP Garam masala
- ½ TBSP ground cardamom
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into small pieces (similar size to potato)
- 2 cups frozen green peas, defrosted
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro plus more for garnish
- 1 cup golden raisins
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Add spices and stir constantly while cooking for 45 seconds.
- Add potatoes, onions, water, and coconut milk and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add chicken that has been seasoned with salt and pepper (and more water/coconut milk if needed-you do want a moist curry).
- Cook 10 more minutes or until chicken no longer pink and potatoes are soft.
- Stir in peas, cilantro, raisins and cook 2 additional minutes.
- Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve garnished with cilantro, with rice or naan.