Yield: 4 servings
Time: 30 minutes
- 4 portabella mushrooms, stems and gills removed (see my video if you need to learn this technique)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 4 TBSP mushroom sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3/4 cup cooked, diced sausage, I used a mix of grilled chicken apple sausages
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crushed red pepper to taste (I omitted this)
- 1/2 cup grated asiago cheese, plus more for tops
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment and place mushrooms on parchment.
- Mix rice, sauce, onion, sausage, most of cheese and seasonings together.
- Spoon mixture into mushrooms and top with remaining cheese.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until filling is warmed and cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.