Yield: 4 servings
Time: 45 minutes
- 2 TBSP canola oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 TBSP fresh ginger, grated
- 1 TBSP curry powder (or more to taste)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup peanut halves
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oil over medium-high and when hot, add chicken that has been well seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Brown chicken for about 2-3 minutes then remove from pan.
- Add ginger and curry powder and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add broth, rice, and raisins and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken back to pan and reduce heat to medium/medium low, cover pan and cook until rice is tender about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk, peas and green onions; let sit covered, off the heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro and peanuts and serve.