Time: 15 minutes
- 2 TBSP olive oil, plus extra for serving
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large Portobello mushroom, stem and gills removed, sliced
- 2 cups (packed) chopped Swiss chard, stems removed
- 4 ounces whole grain fettuccine
- 1/4 cup freshly grated aged Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Cook fettuccine per package directions for al dente.
- While fettuccine cooks, heat 2 TBSP olive oil over medium heat.
- Add shallot, garlic, and mushrooms to oil and cook until tender and slightly browning, about 5 minutes.
- Add Swiss chard to pan and continue cooking for 5 additional minutes, stirring occasionally, until chard is wilted.
- Stir in 2 TBSP of pasta water, 1/2 of cheese, salt and pepper to taste, and balsamic vinegar.
- Stir in drained cooked fettuccine.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and topped with remainder of cheese.
Adapted from Mayo Clinic recipe