Time: 40 minutes (quicker if you don't grate by hand; I used the large holed side of a box grater)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 1/2 medium butternut squash, peeled and grated
- 1 small red onion, small dice
- 3 TBSP olive oil, divided
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 TBSP minced ginger
- 2 TBSP garam masala
- Salt and pepper
- 10 ounces firm white fish (I used halibut)
- 2 TBSP black sesame seeds
- 2 TBSP white sesame seeds
- Lime wedges
- Heat 2 TBSP olive oil over med-high heat.
- Add onions, veggies, garlic, ginger, and garam masala and cook stirring only occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Taste for seasonings and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Remove from pan.
- While veggies are cooking, mix the sesame seeds together on a plate and coat fish on both sides.
- Add remaining TBSP olive oil to pan.
- Add fish and cook until flaking, about 3-5 minutes per side depending on thickness.
- Remove fish, sprinkle with pinch of salt.
- Divide veggies between 2 plates and add fish.
- Serve with a wedge of lime.
Adapted slightly from Mark Bittman's recipe