Yield: 4 servings
Time: 60 minutes
- 2 TBSP canola oil
- 5 whole cloves
- 5 whole cardamoms
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 TBSP coriander powder
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 TBSP ginger-garlic sauce
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped, about 2 cups
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed, about 3 cups
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups baby spinach, washed and dried
- salt, to taste
- Sauté cloves, cardamoms, cinnamon stick cumin seeds with onions in hot oil over medium high heat until lightly browned.
- Add in tomatoes, ginger-garlic sauce and remaining spices, and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes until tomatoes soften and begin to break down.
- Crumble in lamb and cook until most of pink is gone, about 5 minutes.
- Add in sweet potatoes and cook covered for 20 minutes over medium-low heat until potatoes are cooked through.
- Stir in spinach and cook uncovered until wilted, about 3-4 minutes
- Taste and season with salt as needed.
Adapted from Hooked on Heat