Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 TBSP canola oil, divided
- 2 cup chopped onion
- 1 ½ lbs. skinless, boneless chicken thighs, trimmed of visible fat
- 2 TBSP vindaloo spice mix (I used Penzy’s)
- 3 TBSP water
- 2 cups fresh green beans, chopped to bite size
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 1 TBSP ground cinnamon (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Dollop of plain non-fat Greek yogurt or sour cream (optional)
- Season chicken and brown in 1 TBSP oil. Remove from pan.
- Brown onion in remaining oil.
- Mix vindaloo spice mix and water.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, vinegar, cinnamon, green beans and spice paste to onions.
- Simmer on medium for 30 minutes or until green beans are tender but still slightly crunchy.
- Serve over brown basmati rice (with yogurt or sour cream if desired).
To make your own spice mix: http://www.ehow.com/how_2054958_make-vindaloo-paste.html