Yield: 6 servings
Time: 45 minutes
1 8 oz. package Barilla spinach and cheese tortelloni
12 oz. mild Italian sausage, removed from casing if using links
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 cups (packed) fresh spinach, washed and dried, long stems removed
4 TBSP unsalted butter, divided
1 cup (packed) freshly grated aged Parmesan cheese, divided
8 whole eggs, beaten
1 24 oz. jar Barilla marinara sauce
Fresh basil leaves for serving
- Cook tortelloni per package directions until al dente.
- While tortelloni cook, cook sausage and garlic over med-high heat for 10 minutes until browned.
- Remove sausage and garlic from pan, place in paper towel lined bowl, wipe pan out and add spinach.
- Wilt spinach over medium heat for 2 minutes then add to bowl with sausage.
- When tortelloni are ready, drain and then return to pan and add 2 TBSP butter and 1/2 cup (packed) Parmesan cheese.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Heat a broiler proof pan over med-high heat, add 2 TBSP butter, and turn broiler on to preheat.
- Add the beaten eggs to the tortelloni.
- Stir in sausage and spinach. Mix gently to combine.
- Pour mixture into hot broiler proof pan and cook undisturbed on med-high for 4 minutes then reduce heat to medium for 6 additional minutes.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup (packed) Parmesan cheese over the top of frittata.
- Place frittata under broiler and cook for 5 minutes or until nicely browned and set.
- Carefully remove pan and let cool for 5 minutes.
- While frittata cools, heat Barilla marinara sauce and prepare basil leaves for serving.
- Carefully run a spatula around and under the edges of the frittata to loosen. Pan will still be very hot.
- Shake and tilt frittata out on to serving platter.
- Cut into 6 portions. Serve with marinara sauce and basil.