Yield: 4 servings
Time: 25 minutes
4 oz. Barilla Three Cheese Tortellini
1 cup part skim milk ricotta cheese
2 TBSP plain non-fat Greek yogurt
2 tsp Dutch process cocoa powder
2 tsp + 1 1/2 TBSP light brown sugar, divided
8 oz. mascarpone cheese
1 tsp instant espresso powder, plus more for serving
3 TBSP 1 % milk
3 TBSP unsalted butter
1 1/2 TBSP coffee flavored liqueur
- Cook tortellini per package directions. When cooked, drain and spread out on parchment or non-stick surface to dry.
- While tortellini cook, mix ricotta, yogurt, cocoa, and 2 tsp light brown sugar together in a bowl. Refrigerate.
- Using a food processor, mix together the mascarpone, espresso powder, and milk until smooth and well combined. Refrigerate.
- Cook butter over med-high heat until browning (be careful not to burn it).
- Add tortellini to browned butter and cook for 4 minutes stirring once.
- Add liqueur and cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring once. Tortellini should be nicely browned and crisp.
- Remove tortellini from pan and toss with 1 1/2 TBSP light brown sugar.
- Allow to cool and if not serving within an hour (depending on the humidity of your kitchen), place in an airtight container.
- Remove ricotta mixture and mascarpone mixture from fridge about 30 minutes prior to assembly to have chill removed for easier layering.
- To assemble, in each of 4 individual serving dishes layer ricotta, mascarpone, browned tortellini, another layer of ricotta, and another layer of mascarpone.
- Sprinkle top with a few grains of espresso powder.
- Put a dollop of ricotta mixture in the middle and top with 3 browned tortellini.
- Serve immediately.