Yield: 2 cups
Time: 45 minutes
3 large red peppers
1 1/2 TBSP canola oil
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp herbes de Provence
1 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar (use a good quality)
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place the peppers on a parchment lined baking sheet and coat them with oil.
- When broiler is hot, place peppers on sheet under broiler-watch carefully.
- When peppers start to blister and turn black, carefully turn them a quarter turn.
- Repeat until peppers are evenly blistered.
- Remove from oven and place into a paper bag for 30 minutes, folding top over to trap steam.
- After 30 minutes, remove peppers and pull stem out, tear peppers apart, remove and discard seeds.
- Rub skin to remove.
- Place peppers in food processor with salt, herbes de Provence and vinegar.
- Process until desired consistency is reached.