Yield: 2 servings
Time: 7 minutes (plus 45 if making the pureed roasted red peppers now)
4 Eggland's Best eggs
1 tsp white vinegar
4 cups fresh spinach
1 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp dill leaves, plus more for garnish
3 oz. smoked salmon, divided into 4 servings
Fresh lemon slices
4 tsp pureed roasted red peppers
Optional: whole wheat English muffins
- Wilt spinach with salt and dill for 30 seconds over med-high heat.
- Remove and drain spinach in paper towel lined bowl. Separate into 4 servings.
- Toast split English muffins if using.
- In a large sauté pan, heat to a very gently simmer enough water to cover eggs. Add vinegar.
- Crack eggs one by one into a small bowl and gently slide each one into barely simmering water.
- Cook eggs 2-4 minutes (less for runny yolk, more for firmer yolk).
- Place one serving of spinach on a plate (or on English muffin half if using).
- Top with serving of salmon and a poached egg.
- Add a spoonful of pureed roasted red peppers and a squirt of lemon juice.
- Garnish with a sprig of dill and lemon slices.