Brown Rice and Veggie Salad
Yield: 8 servings
Total time: 70 minutes (almost all is the rice cooking)
2 cups whole grain brown rice blend, cooked per directions to make 4 cups
1 ½ cup chopped fresh spinach leaves
1 ½ cup chopped bell pepper, yellow and green
1 mango, finely diced, and any juice (reserve a few dice for serving)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook rice following package directions.
2. Stir in chopped veggies, mango and any mango juice.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Rest dish for 10 minutes to soften/wilt veggies.
5. Serve topped with seared scallops.
Yield: 4 servings
Total time: 6 minutes
16 large scallops, rinsed and patted dry
Salt and Pepper
1 TBSP canola oil
1. Heat skillet over med-high heat.
2. Season scallops with salt and pepper.
3. Sautee scallops for 2 minutes per side.
4. Remove and serve over salad with sprinkle of chopped mango.