Time: about an hour (I cooked the rice and chicken ahead of time, so for just combining and baking-25 minutes)
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 large chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1 TBSP turmeric
- water (or broth/stock)
- 1 cup mixed rice (wild, brown, black mix or any wild rice mix) cooked according to package
- 1 14.5 oz can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 TBSP garam masala
- 1 1/2 TBSP curry powder
- Few shakes crushed red peppers (more if you like it really spicy hot)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Salt to taste
- Cook rice mixture according to package directions (mine said 50 minutes).
- Cook chicken in turmeric and water (or broth/stock) until done, about 12 minutes. Let cool then chop/shred.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix chicken, rice, tomatoes, coconut milk, spices and raisins together. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Spray casserole dish and pour mixture in.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until well heated through.