Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1.25 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 small head savoy cabbage, chopped, about 5 cups
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions
- 1 can black beans
- ½ cup low fat sour cream
- 1 cup salsa fresco, well drained
- 1 TBSP caraway seeds
- Salt and pepper
- ¾ cup shredded low fat mozzarella cheese
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
- When oil is hot, add turkey and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in salsa fresco and heat through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove turkey from pan and stir sour cream in with turkey.
- Add onion, cabbage, caraway seeds, and mushrooms to same pan, cover and turn heat to medium.
- Cook veggies, stirring occasionally, until wilted and softened, about 10 minutes (add a splash of water if necessary).
- While veggies are cooking, heat beans in a small pan.
- Combine cabbage mixture and black beans with 1/2 of cheese, salt and pepper.
- Spray small casserole dish with cooking spray and add cabbage/beans/cheese mixture.
- Layer turkey mixture over veggies.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until well heated and cheese is browned.
- Optional: serve with more sour cream and/or salsa.