Yield: 2 servings
Time: 25 minutes
- 8 ounces salmon filet
- 1 cup white wine or chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 ounces whole wheat (or whole grain) thin spaghetti pasta
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- 3 TBSP sesame seeds, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 TBSP sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cook pasta per box instructions for al dente.
- Heat wine or broth over med-high heat. When simmering, add salmon and cover. Cook for 5-7 minutes until still slightly translucent in center, just beginning to flake when pressed with spatula. When cooked, remove from wine/broth and flake into bite sized pieces. Reserve liquid for serving if needed.
- While salmon and pasta cook, add sesame oil to skillet over med-high heat. When hot, add garlic and sesame seeds and cook for 1 minute, being sure not to burn garlic.
- Add soy sauce and spinach and wilt for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Drain pasta and add back to pan. Add spinach, salmon, a pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper.
- Stir and add some reserved wine/broth if needed.
- Serve sprinkled with additional sesame seeds.