Yield: 6 servings
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cans (15 oz.) chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 6 TBSP olive oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground chipotle chile
- 3 tsp grated lime zest
- Salt (kosher or sea salt)
- Wash, drain, and pat dry the chickpeas.
- Remove any loose skins from the chickpeas.
- Mix paprika and chipotle together. Set aside.
- Heat 1/2 of olive oil over med-high heat.
- Cook 1/2 of chickpeas for 8-10 minutes until brown. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Wipe out any brown bits and add remaining olive oil to pan. Heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add remaining chickpeas and cook for 8-10 minutes until brown. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Place chickpeas in a bowl, salt liberally and stir in paprika mixture and lime zest.
- Serve with paper napkins to wipe fingers on.