Yield: 16 appetizer pieces and 2 meal size patties
Time: 20 minutes
- 1 large garlic clove
- 8 oz. salmon
- 1 can white beans
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill (plus more for sauce)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Creme Fraiche, sour cream or non-fat Greek yogurt mixed with additional dill, and lemon slices for serving
- In a food processor, add 2 oz. of the salmon with 1/2 cup beans and the garlic.
- Pulse until well blended.
- Add remaining salmon, beans, scallions, dill and a sprinkle of salt and pulse until roughly chopped and beginning to come together (but not until mushy).
- Shape into appetizer or meal size patties and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- To cook, heat enough olive oil to cover bottom of pan over med-high heat.
- Add patties and cook about 3 minutes per side for appetizer size, 5 minutes per side for meal sized ones. Add additional oil if needed.
- Drain briefly on paper towels and serve with lemon slices, salt and dill sauce.
A Mark Bittman recipe