Yield: 12 scone muffins
Time: 40 minutes
- 16 oz scone mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 ¾ cup low fat buttermilk, plus more for brushing
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped Canadian bacon
- 1 cup egg whites, cooked with 1/3 cup chives, chopped
- ¾ cup shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- Baking spray
- Fleur de Sel (or other large crystal salt)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add egg, salt, and buttermilk to scone mix and mix until well moistened.
- Stir in bacon, eggs, and cheese.
- Spray 12 cup muffin tin with baking spray.
- Divide batter between muffin cups.
- Bake in upper third of oven for 20-25 minutes until browning on tops.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes on a rack.
- Brush tops with buttermilk and sprinkle with Fleur de Sel.
- Cool 10 more minutes and remove from pans.
- Serve warm or store in airtight container and serve room temperature or reheated (cut in half and cook 20 seconds in microwave).