Yield: 6 servings
Time: 60 minutes including marinade time
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into large chunks
- 1/3 cup coconut (or olive) oil
- freshly squeezed juice of 2 lemons (about 1/4 cup, reserve 1 TBSP)
- 2 tsp vinegar (red wine, rice, champagne etc)
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 TBSP dried organic no salt seasoning (I use Kirkland brand-mix of 21 spices and other ingredients including onion, garlic, pepper, parsley, mustard seed, coriander, rosemary, cayenne pepper...)
- 1 cup Fage plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup grated cucumber, squeezed dry in paper towels
- 2 tsp fresh chopped dill weed
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Mix the oil, juice-reserving 1 TBSP, vinegar, and seasonings together and marinate the chicken for 30 minutes (I find any longer than that changes the texture of the chicken and we don't like it as much)
- While the chicken marinates, mix the remaining ingredients together for the tzatziki including the 1 TBSP reserved lemon juice-adding salt and pepper to taste-and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove chicken from marinade and pat excess marinade off with paper towels.
- Bake for 15 minutes on a rack over a baking pan (see technique here).
- Serve with tzatziki and Greek Salad.