Yield: 8 servings
- 2 pound chuck roast
- 1 jar (16 ounces) sliced peperoncini
- Salt and pepper
- Pepper Jack and provolone cheese slices
- Whole wheat buns
- Trim all visible fat from chuck roast.
- Liberally salt and pepper the roast.
- Place roast in slow cooker.
- Pour peperoncini (including liquid) over roast.
- Cook on low for 7 hours.
- Remove and shred meat and then stir back into liquid.
- Toast buns under broiler with a slice of cheese on one half of bun.
- Using a slotted spoon so most of the liquid drains off, place meat on toasted bun and serve.