Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 TBSP canola oil
- 1 ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 ¼ lb. ground turkey breast
- 2 TBSP taco seasoning
- 3 cups green enchilada sauce, medium heat
- 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup light sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup low fat grated 4 cheese Mexican cheese (more if you want it really cheesy)
- Cooking spray
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the canola oil over medium high heat in a large skillet.
- Add onions and brown.
- Push onions to side of pan, add turkey and taco seasoning and stir occasionally until turkey is cooked.
- Remove from heat and stir in the enchilada sauce, black beans, rice, and sour cream.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper, and hot sauce if using (I didn't).
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish and top with grated cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.