Time: 3 hours
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 1/2 TBSP ketchup
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 TBSP cornstarch
- 1 TBSP toasted sesame oil
- 1 TBSP sesame seeds
- Slice chicken breasts in half and place in slow cooker on low.
- Mix honey, soy, ketchup, garlic and red pepper flakes together and pour over chicken. Stir to cover chicken.
- Cook on low 2 1/2 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken to a serving bowl and shred.
- Remove sauce and place in small saucepan over med-high heat.
- Whisk cornstarch into sauce, stirring until sauce has thickened.
- Stir sauce into chicken.
- Stir in sesame oil (this really makes the sauce pop and makes the whole dish to me).
- Serve topped with sprinkle of sesame seeds.