Yield: 4 servings
Time: 20 minutes
- ¾ lb. fresh salmon (I used sockeye)
- 1 ½ cups white wine (or broth)
- 1 ½ cup chopped fresh asparagus pieces
- 3 TBSP lemon juice
- 3 TBSP chopped dried dill
- 1 ½ TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP capers
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 8 oz. whole wheat penne pasta
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon slices for serving.
- Cook pasta according to directions on package.
- While pasta cooks, poach salmon in white wine for 4-5 minutes until just cooked and beginning to flake. Remove from wine and cut in to bite size pieces.
- In a separate pan, steam asparagus until slightly tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Combine lemon juice and zest, dill, olive oil, capers, drained pasta, salmon, cheese and salt and pepper.
- Serve with lemon slices.