Yield: 4 burgers
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/4 lb. ground turkey breast
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 3 TBSP (or less) of dried cranberries
- 2 TBSP crumbled blue cheese
- 3 TBSP coarsely chopped roasted, salted pistachios
- Salt and pepper
- 1 TBSP coconut (or other) oil
- 4 whole grain hamburger buns
- Lettuce leaves for serving
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add oil.
- Combine all ingredients (except buns, oil, and lettuce) and form into 4 patties (don't over mix or over work the meat).
- Brown patties on both sides for 2 minutes per side (don't try to move the patties until browned-they will stick if you do-be patient).
- Turn heat to medium and cut to the center of one patty so you can see the center.
- Cook an additional 4 minutes per side or until just barely pink in center of cut burger.
- Remove from heat and rest for 2 minutes or so.
- Serve over lettuce on buns.
- If cooking on a grill, coat both sides of the patties with the oil and preheat and clean the grill thoroughly before cooking.